Friday, February 7, 2014

Museum of Science

Fantastic Forces
                   Fantastic Forces was a great presentation. I learned a lot of new things. The first thing I learned is that an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon with another force and that a stopped thing will stay stopped unless acted upon with force. The only thing that stops anything is friction. Even if it is in the air the air surrounding the object will cause friction and slow it down. I also learned that force=mass x acceleration.

Engineering Design, Bobsled Activity
                    This was probably my favorite activity we did at the museum. We were told that we had to make a replica bobsled with a base fabric and 4 batteries then we could add any extra stuff for weight if we wanted to. I noticed that the more weight you put towards the front the faster the sled would go. Also the type of fabric you chose was key.    At first I had some bumpy grippy fabric which made my bobsled go extremely slow It wouldnt even make it down the ramp. Then I switched the fabric to a smoother one with less grip and added as much forward weight as possible and the sled went a lot faster.


Lightning Show
                   The lightning show was also a great presentation. We all learned a lot about electricity and lightning. I learned that even though the lightning was loud and bright electricity is usually invisible and silent. Which is one the biggest reasons why it is so dangerous. Since you can't see it electricity can be hard to escape. I also learned that the surface of lightning is hotter than the sun.

Archemedian Excogitaion Audiokinetic Sculpture

                   This was a a very interesting sculpture I notice that it went up only once. The rest of the time it was just let gravity take it down. The whole way down it was playing instruments

No comments:

Post a Comment